In transport, the detection of cannabis plays an important role. Here, the active substance delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC for short) is tested in a rapid test. Rapid tests are carried out by police officers with sweat or saliva samples.
All information on THC
At a glance
If the rapid test is positive, a drug test is ordered in the laboratory.
THC is broken down within about 8 hours via the intestines, kidneys and breathing.
The urine test for THC-carboxylic acid (THC-COOH), a metabolite or metabolite of THC, is the most commonly used procedure.
In the urine, the metabolites can be detected for up to several weeks if the consumption takes place regularly.
- The single smoking of cannabis can lead to a positive detection after 24 to 36 hours.
- Repeated intake leads to a detection period of five to seven days.
- chronic abuse can be detected for several weeks.
The reason for this is the good fat solubility. THC is easily deposited in fat-rich tissue and is only slowly degraded there. The feeling of intoxication may have long since disappeared, while the degradation products of THC can still be detected in the urine test for a long time.
- Beubler, E. et al. (2013): Opiatabhängigkeit: Interdisziplinäre Aspekte für die Praxis, Springer-Verlag, 1. Auflage
- Sauer, O. & Weilemann L. S. (2001): Drogen: Eigenschaften – Wirkungen – Intoxikationen, Schlütersche-Verlag, 1. Auflage
- Maddea, B. & Dettmeyer, R. (2007): Basiswissen Rechtsmedizin, Springer-Verlag, 1. Auflage
- Neubauer, S. (2019): Urintest: Was im Urin per Teststreifen nachgewiesen werden kann, URL: https://www.bussgeldkatalog.org/urintest/#urintest_alkohol_und_drogen_sind_im_urin_nachweisbar, Abgerufen am 18.06.2019